Monday 16 February 2009

Big L R.I.P. (1974-1999)

Too many rappers dead at a young age, too many overlooked. One being Big L. 10 years today. 


Size Em Up
Ayo, I shoulda been out
I'm deadly when I pull the pin out
Keep frontin', I'ma try yo' chin out
I knocked a lot of men out
I left 'em on the floor spittin' phlegm out
It's either that or I'ma squeeze the gat and pop ten out
You see Corleone, ice spinnin', jigged out, white linen
And if a bitch don't like me she must like women
Every time I come around you see your wife grinnin'
Don't be mad 'cuz yo' career's in the ninth innin'
It's over now, nigga, leave the game
I'm from the danger zone where emcees get slain
We're thugs that never hesitate to squeeze the flame
We're niggaz be takin' drugs just to ease the pain
Hustlers flip cokey, 48 Hours like Nick Nolte
When I was OT your bitch rode me
First day home I dived in it
Left her thighs dented
Now that bitch be pagin' me every five minutes
Emcees I squash and disgrace, it's all about the Benjis
So why your bills got Washington's face?
A lot of cats be frontin'
Made singles wit' a fifty on top
L tryin' to have the city on lock
Peace to Biggie and Pac 'cuz they really were hot
Rap game, heavy hitters, it's a shame they no longer wit' us
Niggaz wanna be L, ladies wanna see L
If I go to jail you'll wear a shirt sayin' "Free L!"
What


Big L won, 1995. 


If you wanna download some Big L ish, go here

No comments: