Tuesday 11 November 2008

Film Review: Role Models

I have no idea about this film but I just wanted to post the opening paragraph of this review found at slamonline because it was quite amusing (National Guard = T.A. in the UK I'm guessing) Here it is:


by Omar Mazariego

Before I get into the movie itself, what’s really good with that National Guard “Citizen Soldier” recruitment music video they play before every movie these days? They even got Kid Rock to do his own National Guard recruitment video. I’m not surprised though. He risked his life by hittin’ those Pamela Anderson skins. Who’s to say he wouldn’t risk his life for America?

But in the Citizen Soldier video it’s crazy dramatic: A bunch of soldiers go and rescue a P.O.W. who’s laid up in an empty house with absolutely no security, just him in a corner looking like a sauced-up David Hasselhoff when his daughter TMZed his ass. Can that be accurate? If it’s that easy to save a P.O.W., how come Rage McCain spent half a clip with 10 fingers stuck in five finger traps? Also, in the music video they show a soldier pick up a deflated football on some battlefield and then he just stares into the nothing with a look of grief that I’ve seen on the faces of people who just found out they’ve contracted an STD. Is a deflated football that serious? Who is this guy, Joe Namath? I guess that could drive a “Joe the Plumber” soldier to the brink of insanity, but I find deflated things in my hood all the time. Deflated footballs, basketballs, baseballs (I’m still trying to figure that one out), tires, birthday balloons, wigs, booties, dreams — everything you can think of. But you didn’t see me jumping out of a helicopter trying to rescue my barber when he was kidnapped by Colombians when he didn’t pay them what he owed. Nah, I let my hair grow for damn near a year till they let him go. I was straight wolfing that whole time cause I’m a ghetto soldier, but a citizen soldier I am not. And I have no intentions on becoming one.

No comments: